Not sure how to raise the money for your jump? Let us count the ways!
1. Share it on your Facebook profile and ask your friends to share your post. Remind everyone that a donation for you goes to COPE to support vulnerable parents.
2. If you have a Facebook business Page, ask other businesses to sponsor you and promise them promotion on your business page in return.
3. Ask your local shops, for example the milk bar, bakery, or butcher. They may even let you leave a fundraising tin there – with your story on it.
4. Ask the mums at school and kinder.
5. Ask your school/kinder to pop a mention in their newsletter for you (remember to include the link to your fundraising page).
6. Use the local press release we will provide you with to send to your local paper/radio station. Don’t forget to follow up on them as the press will rarely get back to you!
7. Ask your co-workers, exercise buddies, teammates or friends.
8. If you are in a relationship, ask your partner to share your fundraiser with their colleagues.
9. Ask any of the centres where your kids do activities to include a mention in their newsletter.
10. Ask your hairdresser, beautician – they may even sponsor you as a business.
11. Ask your school if you can do a fundraising day where you sell icy poles on a hot day to the kids and make a little extra on each sale.
12. Set up a Facebook group and invite all your potential donors. Update them with pics of people skydiving, news from MotherJumpers, pics of your fundraising achievements/charity fundraising thermometer (which you can take off your fundraising page) and gentle reminders to donate.
13. Organise a bowling or movie night on a discount day, sell tickets to the event and add a little on top for your fundraising.
14. Invite Body Shop at Home, Intimo, Arbonne and many more direct selling companies to attend a ladies night you organise and have a fun shopping/pamper event. Many of these MLM companies offer donations to fundraising for sales made.
15. Make your fundraising event a Christmas shopping event. With Chrissy only just around the corner, your friends could pick up all their Chrissy gifts at a party with MLM companies that sell linen, jewellery, kids books, make up and more.
And most importantly, remind and remind again! Most friends and family intend to donate but actually getting around to it is another story.
An example of a gentle follow-up message could be:
“Hi! Just checking in to see if you got my messages about my upcoming skydive and possibly donating a little to support COPE? If you have seen the messages but can’t donate – that’s fine, just let me know and I will stop bothering you! If you are going to donate then that would be amazing and you are the best! Either way, thanks for bearing with me.”
Then, you can know whether to keep following them up or leave them be.
Also, make sure not to just rely on Facebook posts as many people miss these. Try out emails, group messages on Facebook or Whatsapp and texts. If you have any other great fundraising ideas, let us know – we’d love to add them to this list.