Like to Jump?
Like to jump with mums (and their family and friends) around Australia and raise funds for COPE? We’d love to have you!
Date: November 9 & 10, 2019 (although you can register to jump on other dates if this doesn’t work)
How does it work?
- Choose your Drop Zone from the list of locations. We have drop zones or abseil in every Capital (aside from the Northern Territory) as well as many beaches and country areas.
- Choose the date you can jump – preferably with others on the 9th and 10th, but if not, choose a weekend close to it and let us know which date you choose.
- Book your jump according to the instructions next to each drop zone in the listing. Make sure to tell them you are jumping with MotherJumpers. This is for two reasons. Firstly, so they can try and schedule you to jump with others who are also jumping for the cause and secondly, so they don’t charge you a deposit. We take care of all finances at the end.
- Register yourself for the Charity Skydive on My Cause, following the prompts. You will need to pay $100 to register yourself on the site. This is the only amount that you will pay – all else will be via fundraising (so it’s the cheapest skydive you’ll ever get!)
- We’ll be in contact with promotional materials, a standard press release and tips on fundraising to help you on your way.
- Promote, promote and promote again!
- Jump on your chosen date and enjoy!
If you have any questions, check out our FAQs.
Worried you won’t reach the fundraising target?
Where charity fundraising is concerned, up to 40% of the total money raised can go to expenses. As skydives are expensive (even at charity rate) we need to raise 60% on top of these jumps to fit within the requirements of fundraising.
However, no need to worry because:
- These targets are extremely achievable (as has been proven over past jump years). People donate decent amounts when charity skydiving as it’s such a huge feat, and
- Even if you fall a little below, others will go over their targets and it all evens out in the end.
That said, if you are experiencing any difficulties reaching your target, contact us immediately.