Best Practice Provider Accreditation
Thank you for your interest to be registered as Best Practice Provider with the Centre of Perinatal Excellence (COPE).
By registering your service, this demonstrates your commitment to providing best-practice quality perinatal care that aligns with the Australian Clinical Practice Guideline.
To register, you will be required to declare your organisation’s commitment to meeting COPE’s five accreditation standards.
- Raise Awareness – This service is committed to promoting awareness of emotional and mental health in the perinatal period – eg. #thetruth campaign.
- Universal psychoeducation – All clients are informed and educated about perinatal mental health and wellbeing e.g. via Ready to COPE
- Professional education – Health professionals are informed about training in perinatal mental health – eg. COPE accredited online programs.
- Universal screening – All clients/patients are screened for perinatal mental health screening using recommended screening tools.
- Referral pathways are in place – Pathways to timely, appropriate treatment and support services are scoped and communicated – e.g. via the e-COPE Directory.