Best practice in perinatal care
A key focus of COPE is to support and advise health professionals on best practice surrounding the prevention, detection, treatment and management of perinatal mental health disorders in the perinatal period.
All advice on this site is based on high quality research and/or clinical advice from leading perinatal mental health experts and is underpinned by the Australian Clinical Practice Guideline for Mental Health Care in the Perinatal Period. Commissioned by the Commonwealth Government of Australia, this Guideline was developed by COPE and approved by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) in October 2017.
This section provides extensive information on:
- Perinatal mental health disorders: symptoms, assessment and management
- Australian Clinical Practice Guideline: background and development
- Helping patients under Medicare
Health Professional Information Hubs
If you would like to browse information specifically tailored for your occupation, please select one of our Health Professional Information Hubs:
- Mental Health Professionals
- Maternal, Child and Family Health Nurses
- General Practitioners
- Mental Health Nurses